It’s October and we are celebrating Adopt a Shelter Dog Month. Fiji here came on the Saving Train and was adopted from the Southern Oregon Humane Society over three years ago. So many great dogs are waiting for new homes.
Our top 5 reasons why you should adopt a shelter dog:
1. Unconditional Love. You will always have someone waiting for you at home, or being your co-pilot. Saturday night you will always have a date.
2. Shelter dogs come in all shapes, sizes, breeds, colors, and ages.
3. Dogs are amazing and enrich our lives.
4. A dog will help you live longer and keep you active.
5. You will save a life. Over 1 million dogs are euthanized each year.
There are plenty of nearby shelters to visit:
If you find that you are unable to adopt a dog, there are plenty of other ways to help. Volunteer, Foster, or donate. Shelters always have a list of supplies needed.